Before & After Care Instructions
Before and Aftercare for BB Glow:
- Light discomfort and warm sensation for up to 24 hours after
- Swelling and redness may occur and subsides after 48 hours.
- Face may resemble a sunburn.
- Do not use any products containing perfume or fragrances including cream and sprays.
- If any adverse reactions happen to products you use, discontinue use immediately (and feel free to contact Gena or the salon).
- After the session, make sure to thoroughly wash your hands with soap and hot water while the skin heals.
- Avoid any facial treatments and injections through the treatment process and wait three weeks once the three sessions have concluded.
- No direct sun exposure and no tanning beds in between sessions until three weeks after.
- Any exposure to the sun, use SPF 50 or higher, even when raining or overcast outside. If you fail to protect your skin from sun exposure, you will be at risk of uneven pigmentation and sunburn.
- Use of saunas and any heat treatments are not recommended for a period of at least three weeks after procedure.
Before and After Care for Eyeliner and Eyebrows:
- Do not apply eye/eyebrow makeup
- Do not consume alcoholic/caffeinated beverages
- Do not take any non-vital medications that may thin blood 24 hours before procedure. Including certain vitamins and supplements.
Do not expose eyebrows/eyelids to water or any products such as facial soap or facial cleanser for two days post procedure. Blot with clean tissue or gauze for the first four hours post procedure then start applying the A & D ointment (we provide the ointment in salon). Care for the site by using a mild cleanser or facial soap to cleanse area for the next 7-10 days making sure to reapply A&D morning and night. You may use ice on eyeliner area to aid swelling for the first day, as long as ice pack is covered by a clean paper towel or tissue. Avoid strenuous exercise for 3 days after procedure as sweating might cause an infection. After three days apply a thin layer of A&D ointment before working out. If you're using Recovery Serum, use A&D for the first 2 days, then switch to the Recovery Serum morning and night. Recovery Serum is only for eyebrows, not eyeliner. DO NOT touch, rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Picking can cause scarring and can cause ink and removal of ink in the skin. Hands may contain bacteria and can create an infection. Use clean cotton-swab to apply A&D ointment or Recovery Serum to areas 2 times daily for the first 7-10 days. Continue to use Recovery Serum as directed and you can continue to use for your entire face as well.
Restrictions: avoid contact with any animals, gardening, sun exposure, sauna, jacuzzi, chlorine pools, ocean & steam rooms. Wear a hat or big sunglasses to shield the treated area from sunlight for at least the first 7-10 days.
ALWAYS use sunblock on eyebrow area during healing process (after 7-10 days) to reserve color pigmentation.
Before and After Care for Lips
Bring in your favorite lip color or show pictures of looks you like.
Do not consume alcohol/caffeinates beverages same day.
Do not take any non-vital medications that may thin blood 24 hours before procedure. Including certain vitamins and supplements (feel free to contact us if you have any concerns on medications you may be taking).
Do not expose lip area to water or brush teeth for the first 24 hours. You may ice lips for the first day to aid swelling, making sure to use a cloth or paper towel to cover the ice pack. Do not consume acidic foods such as; lemon/citrus, vinegar, etc. for the first 48 hours post procedure. Do not consume colored beverages for 78 hours after lip procedure unless using a straw. Beverages such as coffee, wine, tea, and juice can alter the final color of lips, so make sure to use a straw while the lips heal.
Do not touch, rub, pick or scratch the treated area as it can cause scars and also cause the ink to be pulled from the skin. Hands may contain bacteria and create an infection. Use the lip applicator A&D or Peptide Lip Therapy to lip area 5 tips daily for the first 7-10 days or until all scabs have fallen off.
Avoid contact with animal, gardening, sun, sauna, Jacuzzi, chlorine pools, ocean & steam rooms.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF INFECTION
INDICATE THE NEED TO SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION CONATCT GENA IMMEDIATELY